1. Eskenazi B, Warner EL. Epidemiology of endometriosis. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 1997;21:235–258.
2. Winkel C. Evaluation and Management of Women With Endometriosis. Obstet Gynecol. 2003;102:397-408.
3. Farquhar C. Endometriosis. BMJ 2007; 334: 249–253.
4. Mounsey AL, Wilgus A, Slawson DC. Diagnosis and management of endometriosis. Am Fam Phys 2006;74: 594–600.
5. Ballard K, Lowton K, Wright J. What’s the delay? A qualitative study of women’s experiences of reaching a diagnosis of endometriosis. Fertil Steril 2006;86:1296-1301.
6. Hummelshшj L, Prentice A, Groothuis P. Update on endometriosis. Women’s Health 2006;2:53–56.
7. Allen C, Hopewell S, Prentice A, Gregory D. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for pain in women with endometriosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;(2):CD004753.
8. D’Hooghe T, Bambra C, Raeymaekers B, Koninckx P. Increased prevalence and recurrence of retrograde menstruation in baboons with spontaneous endometriosis. Hum Reprod 1996;11:2022–2025.
9. The Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Treatment of pelvic pain associated with endometriosis. Fertil Steril 2008; 90: S260–S269.
10. Nnoaham et al. Impact of endometriosis on quality of life and work productivity: a multicenter study across ten countries. Fertil Steril 2011;96:366–73.
11. Nouri K, Ott J, Krupitz B, Huber JC, Wenzl R. Family incidence of endometriosis in first-, second-, and third-degree relatives: case-control study. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2010;8:85–91.
12. Bischoff FZ, Simpson JL. Heritability and molecular genetic studies of endometriosis. Hum Reprod Update 2000;6:37–44.
13. Kennedy S, Bennett S, Weeks D. Genetics and infertility II: Affected sib-pair analysis in endometriosis. Hum Reprod Update 2001;4:411–418.
14. Taylor MM. Endometriosis – a missed malady. AORN J 2003;77:298–303.
15. Sinaii N, Plumb K, Cotton L et al. Differences in characteristics of 1,000 women with endometriosis based on extent of disease. Fertil Steril 2008;89:538–545.
16. Kennedy S, Bergqvist A, Chapron C, et al. ESHRE guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis. Hum Reprod 2005;20:2698–2704.
17. Ozkan S, Murk W, Arici A. Endometriosis and infertility: epidemiology and evidence-based treatments. Ann Acad NY Acad Sci 2008;1127:92–100.
18. Jackson B, Telner DE. Managing the misplaced approach to endometriosis. Can Fam Physician 2006;52:1420–1424.
19. Strowitzki T, Marr J, Gerlinger C, Faustmann T, Seitz C. Dienogest is as effective as leuprolide acetate in treating the painful symptoms of endometriosis: a 24-week, randomized, multicentre, open-label trial. Hum Reprod 2010;25:633–641.
20. Seitz C, Gerlinger C, Faustmann T, Strowitzki T. Safety of dienogest in the long-term treatment of endometriosis: a one-year, open-label, follow-up study. Fertil Steril 2009;92:S107(abstract).
21. Strowitzki T, Faustmann T, Gerlinger C, Seitz C. Dienogest in the treatment of endometriosis-associated pelvic pain: a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2010;151:193–198.